Speaking Sound Doctrine
· Check your spelling: The search engine will look for sound-alikes, but it's best to try with the corect speling. Also, for example, a search for "child" will include "children" and "grandchildren."
· Use Multiple Words: The default is to return sites with all the keywords you list. You can list also synonyms; the search engine may know only certain synonymous terms, but not like a thesaurus.
· Use Plus And Minus Signs: For example, +elders +deacons will return only pages containing both words. Also, +ark -covenant will return sites containing the word "ark" but also not containing the word "covenant."
· Use Quotation Marks: Enter "the law of the lord" to return only sites containing those words in that order as a phrase.
· Utilize Case: The entry "lord" will return sites containing the words "lord," "Lord," and "LORD." The keyword "Lord" will return only "Lord," case specific.
· Use Combined Queries: For example, try to figure out what this will do: +love -Lord obe* "holy spirit".
Copyright 2009, Speaking Sound Doctrine